Fund formation. Investments. Exit.
We represent private equity managers across the full range of private equity activities.
We have substantial experience in the establishment of operations and the structuring private equity funds onshore and offshore, including the negotiation of terms with investors. Our experience includes:
- Counsel to US based private funds manager with over US$2.6 billion of assets under management in respect of the acquisition of a 50 per cent. JV interest in an Asian real estate private equity firm
- Counsel to US$700 million Hong Kong managed asset manager in the formation of a new PRC industry sector focused private equity fund
- Counsel to US based US$10 billion private equity manager spin-off in the formation of investment management operations in Hong Kong
- Counsel to US based private funds manager with over US$65 billion of assets under management in respect of its regulatory structure in Hong Kong
We advise on transaction structure and represent our clients in negotiating and preparing transaction documentation and conducting due diligence. We have particular expertise addressing regulatory issues in private equity transactions involving companies listed or to be listed imminently on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong and financial services companies which are regulated in Hong Kong. Our lawyers' experience includes:
- Counsel in US$30 million private equity acquisition of assets of a NASDAQ listed company
- Advising in respect of a US$80 million takeover of a company listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong
- Counsel to a private equity manager in relation to restructuring of debt and equity co-investments in the PRC
- Advising an Australian US listed bank on its pre-IPO private equity investment in a Chinese mining company