Seminar: Acquisitions & Disposals of SFC Licensed Firms
Acquisitions and disposals of shares of brokers, asset managers, wealth managers, investment advisers and other firms licensed by the Securities and Futures Commission ("SFC") are not only potentially subject to approval by the SFC but also raise specialized legal and regulatory risks for the buyer. Poor compliance standards prior to the completion of the transaction may, for example, result in disciplinary action well after the completion of the transaction. Despite these challenges, the past few years have seen a marked increase in such transactions.
Please join us for this lunch time seminar as we:
- provide an overview of how these transactions work;
- discuss how buyers can manage the SFC approval process;
- present the legal and regulatory risks posed by these transactions; and
- explain how sellers can minimize the risks of a transaction failing due to the refusal of SFC approval or buyer dissatisfaction with legal and regulatory risks.
Please select below the date on which you would like to attend our seminar:
- Monday, November 13, 2017 - Sold Out
- Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - Sold Out
- Thursday, November 16, 2017
- Friday, November 17, 2017 - Sold Out
About the Firm
Founded in 2004, TIMOTHY LOH LLP is an internationally recognized Hong Kong law firm focused on mergers & acquisitions, litigation and general financial markets and financial services matters. The firm is a leader in banking, financial regulation, corporate finance, capital markets and investment funds as measured by its rankings and those of its lawyers in leading independent editorial publications. The firm routinely acts for Fortune Global 500 companies. For more information, visit www.timothyloh.com.