Capital Raising in Hong Kong: The State of the Law Following Pacific Sun v SFC
Friday, May 15, 2015 | 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm
Speaker: Timothy Loh
On March 23, 2015, this firm successfully secured acquittals in the landmark decision of the Court of Final Appeal in Pacific Sun v. The Securities and Futures Commission, a case involving the prosecution of a hedge fund manager undertaking a capital raise for a new fund. In this seminar, we review the state of the law on the marketing of securities following the decision.
|Venue:||Timothy Loh Solicitors |
Suite 1007-8, 10th Floor
St. George's Building
2 Ice House Street
Central, Hong Kong
|Registration Fee:||HK$750 (including lunch)|
|CPT:||Eligible for 1 CPT point|
Click here to register. Seats are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
Topics to be covered
- Overview of the laws governing investment offers
- Regulatory authorization including when authorization requirements are triggered and when authorization is appropriate
- Exemptions from regulatory authorization including private placements, offers to professional investors and other exempted offers
- Regulations governing the conduct of intermediaries in sales to professional investors
- Laws governing the content of exempted offers
About the Firm
Founded in 2004, Timothy Loh LLP is an internationally recognized Hong Kong law firm focused on mergers & acquisitions, litigation and general financial markets and financial services matters. The firm is a leader in banking, financial regulation, corporate finance, capital markets and investment funds as measured by its rankings and those of its lawyers in leading independent editorial publications. The firm routinely acts for Fortune Global 500 companies. For more information, visit www.timothyloh.com.